Thursday, October 02, 2003

So today I'm sitting in that awful drama class, bored out of my skull, when Chris leans over and peers at my notebook. I happened to be writing down the lyrics to "Hallelujah," by Rufus Wainwright. "Oooh. I love that song." I looked up, surprised. "Really?" He nodded. I started leafing through my notebook. "Hey, on the off-chance, do you know a band called Jars of Clay?" He nodded. "Oh, yeah. I"m big into Christian music."
Word. (Okay, so some people over here do say it, like Justin, who says it too much.) He's a musician, he appears to be Christian of some sort, he works Spirit West Coast, yet he tosses around the F word. I'll have to do some good-natured snooping here.

Good news: the electrical problem has been resolved. No more worries about fires and blown computers.

Bad news: I have to rewrite that drama paper. And half the class isn't going to get a very good grade on it. Oh, well. If you want details on this, you'll have to listen to an animated rant on how much I hate that class.

"Cautioners," Jimmy Eat World

The time I would spend
With pictures I would not send
I watched you go from left to right
I follow you all night
Across my blinds
You'll change your mind come Monday
And turn your back on me
You'll take your steps away with hesitance
You'll take your steps away from me
I'm making my peace
And making it with distance
But maybe that's a big mistake
You know I'm thinking of you
I miss you
You'll change your mind come Monday
And turn your back on me
You'll take your steps away with hesitance
You'll take your steps away from me
You'll change your mind come Monday
And turn your back on me
You'll take your steps away with hesitance
You'll take your steps away from me
From me
From me
From me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home