Three Minutes
All right, all, a new original piece by yours truly. It should be a bit more palatable than the last one, though I meant every word of that one. In any case, here you are."You have three minutes to blow me away"
I say
And then I slip another tab of music onto my tongue
It starts slow and sweet and sucks me in
Tickling my neuroses with the most perfect words
By the time it's too close for comfort
I'm too high to back down
I close my eyes and drown in the meaning
Slip into the dreaming
And I'm free
Free to feel what I've been denying
Free to follow all the laughter with crying
Free to let it out of my control
It's all true, the things they say
It's all about love and life and living day to day
With the knowledge that "We were meant to live for so much more"
There are a million and one things we've always dreamed of doing
"Hand Me Down" makes me fear my dreams
"Amy Hit the Atmosphere" makes me long to try
And in the end it's my own songs that push me to go on
This is what I want, and I finally know it
So music isn't about feeling good
It isn't about a beat
It's about what we are, who we've become, what we get and give and live
And why
Everything we are
Anything we feel
We can communicate
Encapsulate
Into these few precious minutes
"You have three minutes to blow me away"
I say
And then I slip another tab of music onto my tongue
Copyright ©2004, Emma N. Davis


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home