I temporarily lost faith this blog. I couldn't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to read it. I haven't posted anything interesting so far. I thought for a moment that everyone kept wanting to see if I'd post anything interesting, that it was the suspense that kept you coming back, but then I realized that it's either dogged loyalty or sheer boredom, neither one of which I'm going to exhaust by being tiresome and small-minded.
So here we go again.
Sunday afternoon my cell phone rang. It was Bethany calling to tell me that Dad had decided to go to Yosemite and wanted me to go, as well. It was to be Mom, Dad, Bethy, and Nate. I said yes. So it was that I spent labor day weekend at Yosemite, which wasn't actually that crowded. I think there were very few things of consequence that happened on the trip.
However.
We had to sneak Teddy Bear into the hotel. For those of you who may not know, Bear is a toy poodle. Somehow I got the job of buttoning her into my jacket and passing her off as my chest. Successful, if your only goal was getting the dog safely into the hotel. Not, if you consider me having to walk around with a dog in my jacket. All in all, it was hilarious, and if you want the full story, ask me later. It's funnier if I tell it. And hey, ask Bethy for her version, too.
The other thing was that we discovered what Peter Furler (lead singer, Newsboys) does for his day job: he works at a Denny's halfway between here and Yosemite. Really. I think Phil Joel (bassist, Newsboys, he of the long, blond curly hair) was working in the back so that he wouldn't be recognized.
Oh, and trying to cross what is either a small river or a very large creek across wet, slimy rocks while you are wearing flip-flops may be amazingly fun, but it's prone to get you stuck and scare your friends half to death. Aight?
Yosemite is pretty.
Goodnight for now. Be warned, I may be back.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home