Okay, good news. Surgery one is over! I'm almost fully recovered, and thankfully this time things went very well. If you want details, call me or something. (Not that it's interesting... but who knows, we might end up talking about something interesting.) Surgery two hasn't been scheduled yet, but we're looking at six months or so.
I'm bored. I want to go out and play, and I'm not allowed to. I have to stay home, and I'm not allowed to walk around a lot. This would be fine, except that a) it's hot and b) I have no company. Right now my aunt is taking a nap. I would keep myself amused, but I have to do that all day tomorrow, since I'm being forced to stay home. *growls*
If this heat keeps up, I won't be able to wear my new leather jacket at all. *sighs* By the time I'm running tech for VT, it had better be frigid out, or I'm going to have a serious chat with the weather man. Or God, depending on who controls the weather. Wait... It must be God, or the weather man would actually know what he's talking about.
Stan called me from the concert, and I could hear Trav in the background. *sniff* I wanted to go. Men, stupid mens, getting a hotel room so I couldn't stay. I console myself with this fact: I had surgery anyway. So as I was saying, he called and left an energetic message, and what I heard over the music was "WISH YOU WERE HERE, WE'RE CLOSE ENOUGH TO TOUCH THEM!!! BYE!!!"
Their ears are still ringing, I hear.
Here, take this for the road.
"Siddhartha's of Suburbia," Josh Joplin Group
Stop wasting your words
Convincing yourself that no one hurts
Time killed the rebel that could not change with time
And fashion placed a flower at the image in our mind
Of the switchblade saint surrounded
Carving out his prose
And mumbling what he knows
Siddhartha's of Suburbia
Stop wasting your words
Convincing yourself that no one hurts
And dance away your death
And don't be alarmed there's nothing left
The archetype of rock-n-roll is dying in his bed
While the debutantes deny it and set their clocks ahead
'Cause every night is New Years and every day is dull
Long live rock-n-roll
Siddhartha's of Suburbia
Stop wasting your words
Convincing yourself that no one hurts
And dance away your death
And don't be alarmed there's nothing left
It's all all right
Just hold on
They used to say the world was flat
If you went too far you'd fall
Just beyond the cul-de-sac
The houses and the mall it's beautiful
The future is a stereo that eats your favorite tapes
The soundtrack to your youth that cannot be replaced
So hold on to every song before they disappear
Your future is almost here
Siddhartha's of Suburbia
Stop wasting your words
Convincing yourself that no one hurts
And dance away your death
And don't be alarmed there's nothing left
It's all all right
It's all all right
Just hold on tight
Just hold on tight


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home