Thursday, December 01, 2005

Returned from Anderson

Well, we're back from Anderson (near Redding). We went up for a kind of Thanksgiving/Steve's (Ben's dad's) birthday thing. It was nice and relaxing, but God in Heaven it was cold. I'd only brought my thin jeans and my sneakers, so I ended up adding to that both the jacket and sweater I'd packed. Nighttime was worse. We'd brought an air mattress and our bedding, but since here in Napa we hadn't had to break out the down comforter, I'd brought our thinner cotton one. DUMB. I froze all three nights.

Enough complaints. On the upside, their horse, Zip, was friendly enough to allow me to rub his face and nuzzle his nose. He whuffed me all over and decided to be sort of friendly. Normally he's a spaz, so that was nice. The ladies, Liberty and Jody, came over to see me, but didn't want to be petted. Ah, well. There's always Christmas. The pig is doing well, and the goats look fat and happy.

Have you figured out yet that Anderson is the middle of nowhere? It's the country, baby. I admit that I'm not the most comfortable with dirt roads and people randomly waving at me, but that's all right. I enjoy going up there. Damn, my cell phone doesn't even work in the mountains. Hmm.

So... Uhm... Nothing really happened, or anything. Kevin (Ben's twin brother) was there, which was very cool, since I rarely see him when we're in town. Stupid schedules. I miss Kev.

Blah-de-blah...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home