Sunday, November 20, 2005

Help.

I'm teaching myself to read music. I'm off to a good start... But I'd appreciate any tips anyone has. Just leave me a little note with your own personal helpful hints and we'll be just fine.

1 Comments:

At 11/21/2005 12:24 AM, Blogger Scott said...

I presume you mean reading sheet music, scores and the like. I'm trying to remember what I learnt when I was little.

If I remember correctly, for treble cleft, the lines from bottom to top are:
Every Good Boy Deserves Food (E G B D F)

Spaces from bottom to top are:
F A C E

For bass cleft, lines from bottom to top are:
Good Boys Deserve Food Always (G B D F A)

Spaces from bottom to top are:
All Cows Eat Grass (A C E G)

Yeah, I know it's really childish, but I was a kid back then, and that's how my piano teacher taught me to remember them easily. After a while, you'll get used to it and won't have to use this system anymore (thankfully).

Good luck! :P

~Gav

 

Post a Comment

<< Home