On Proper Spelling
I begin to despair for modern humanity. I'm sure there must have been a time when people valued their education enough that they bothered to at least pay attention and then remember what they learned! Lately it seems as though no one can spell properly. This afternoon, in my copious downtime here at work, I was reading through guest comments on our GSS surveys (and yes, we DO read those), and I did not find a single one that did not contain some sort of major error.These people must have no pride...
I mean, honestly, to have graduated from high school (and indeed, many of them had graduated from college: "Dr. So and So," etc.) and not be able to differentiate between "their there they're" and company is just atrocious. It just takes a little paying attention and perhaps a little effort.
****ADDENDUM AND DISCLAIMER****
This bitchy diatribe has nothing to do with and is not intended to be directed toward those who have viable learning differences that make the written word a hurdle to be cleared, neither is it intended to scold those who just don't like to read and write--this is for those who make no effort. You drive me insane.


10 Comments:
May I just say "Amen!" to that?
LOL, Those who know me have begun calling me the "Spelling/grammar nazi" or other variations of that. I can sympathize. ;)
*sighs* Yes. Welcome, by the way. How'd you find the place?
I accidentally used the wrong their/there/they're the other day. I was mortified!
Ah, but with you, it's an accident. With "them," it's just pure laziness.
Stop judging me....
:)
*laughs* No, you're busy and excited. That's different.
Emma: I read Beth's blog sometimes. Saw a couple of your own comments in her tagboard (those are yours, are they not?), and thought I'd see who this other "Em" person was. ;)
Emileia: Oh, I feel bad that you read my blog because there hasn't been a whole lot worth reading lately!
Beth Michelle:
Don't. Your blog is more interesting than my LJ, at any rate. ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home