About Bella

Bella is our oldest leopard gecko. She's a complete sweetheart, even according to those people who may not think that a lizard makes the most appealing pet. The other day, Ben was walking by her cage, and she looked up and walked closer to where he was. I was watching this and said, "Look, she wants attention." So he opens her cage and lowers his hand into it. She raised her little hand and grabbed his hand, looking up at him adoringly....
God, it was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Leopard geckos are one of two lizard species (green iguanas being the other) who have the capability to recognize and show affection for their keepers, and Bella is indeed affectionate. The baby, India, has started to become more affectionate. The other day she let me hold her. She remained fairly calm, and I only kept her out of her cage for a minute or two. After that she seemed to be more comfortable with me. We'll see....
I love all of my pets. Oh, yeah.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home