And So Begins Slow Season
I'm sitting at my desk listening to Death Cab for Cutie a little louder than usual. I just finished drinking my daily dose of herbal tea. I have bits of halloween candy laying around. I'm reading
Empire Falls by Richard Russo. I'm bored but I'm rested even on my sixth day of work. Now I remember slow season... We run ourselves ragged for nine months and then we have a brief respite. Ahh. I'll enjoy it for about three weeks and then I'll be pulling my hair out.
2 Comments:
Totally how I feel about rain. It is nice at first because it slows you down. Then you begin to wonder if God forgot His promise to Noah, and you are like, "Damn, rain, rain, go away, come back another days. No, really. Now! I said now, damn it!"
I feel that way about the rain when I have to be out in it. When I CHOOSE to go out in the rain, that's one thing, but if I HAVE to be in it, I'm as irritated as a cat drowning in a well.
Post a Comment
<< Home