Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Damn you, Brian.

1. How tall are you?
5’ 5.5”. I’m proud of my height, but as always, I’d be even prouder to be 5’8”

2. Have you ever smoked heroin?
No, but my stepdad used to cook it at home and then I used the stove… So…

3. Do you own a gun?
I meant to buy a glue gun, but then I got sick of making random collages.

4. Rehab?
I’m currently abstaining from theatre, and it’s enough. Thank you.


5. Would you "do" someone in their parent's bed?

Beds are passed down in my family… Oh, wait… THEIR parents’ bed? No.


6. Best way to die?

In bed with the one you love after a long, long life together. Oh, yeah.


7. Least favorite mode of transportation?

On the back of a mad raging bull. Well, mostly it was running into stuff that made it uncomfortable.


8. What do you think of hot dogs?

My tummy feels funny…. Oh, yeah, it’s the idea of eating ground-up pig guts!

9. What's your favorite Christmas song?
ONLY ON CHRISTMAS I like “The Little Drummer Boy.” Kind of.

10. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Water and some kind of fruit juice.

11. Do you do pushups?
Yeah, like I want LESS fat on my chest. Right.

12. Have you ever done ecstasy?
I’ve never done anything.

13. Are you vegan?
Only when I eat at Smart Alec’s in Berkeley.

14. Do you like painkillers?
No, but this nose piercing… Can’t believe I did that…

15. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?

I don’t have to lure. If he wants to come home at night, he’s gotta enter my domain.

16. Do you own a knife?
A full set of Cutco knives, which, according to Ben, are the best in the world. Yippee skippee.

17. Do you have A.D.D.?
Very doubtful, considering my tenacity and attention span.


18. Do you love the pain a tattoo brings?

I would run screaming, but I’m at work.


Top 5 Thoughts At This Exact Moment:


1. I want to be at home with my new hamster, Puka. Cutest thing ever.
2. Is caffeine as bad for me as my doctor said? Should I stay away from it? Will it cause me to have more internal bleeding? Would I be this happy if I hadn’t had the badass iced black tea with tons of caffeine?
3. I wish I could blow my nose, but that would just hurt waaaaaay too much. Right now it tickles.
4. Why won’t my leg stop bouncing? Caffeine?
5. I’m thirsty. Maybe I should have had some water instead of more tea….

Name the Last 5 Things You Have Bought: (recently)


1. A hamster named Puka and all her accoutrements.
2. Pet supplies for my OTHER pets.
3. Dinner last night.
4. More beads for my obsession with beading.
5. Nose studs in varying colors and some more Balinese hoops. Love those things.


Name Five Drinks You Regularly Drink:

1. Water
2. Fruit Juice
3. My special herbal tea
4. tea that is not so special, but still yummy.
5. water


19. What Time Did You Wake Up Today?

Uhm…. I think it was 10:30. It’s all fuzzy now.

21. Current Hair?
Long, straight and flat as usual.

23. Current Worry?
I think Puka may be under a bit of stress currently. She truly hated being transported in the little cardboard PETCO carrier, and when I left the house, she was balled up in the corner instead of exploring her cage. Hmmm.

25. Current Hate?

George W. Bush. Current and only hate.

26. Favorite Place To Be?

At home with my love and my pets. Makes me totally content.

27. Least favorite place?

The dentist’s office.

28. Where Would You Like To Go?
Back up to Ashland, Oregon and the surrounding area.

30. What do you wear when you go to sleep?
A sheet when it’s hot and lots of blankets when it’s not.

31. What were you doing 12AM last night?
Glaring at the server who seated two people ahead of us even though we were ON A LIST. Grrrr.

32. What do you think you'll be doing in 10 years?
Living in Oregon, teaching at Oregon State (maybe), directing for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, taking care of my kids, my husband and my MANY pets.

33. Do you burn or tan?
Last time I was in the sun that long without sunscreen was more than five years ago, but yeah, I tan.

34. Last thing you ate?
A plain bagel with cream cheese. (Ben ate a hamster treat, if you want to know.)

35. If you could be a pirate, would you?
No, considering what tends to happen to female pirates.

36. Last time you had an alcoholic drink?
Never.

37. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I don’t sing in the shower unless someone outside the window is yelling, in which case I have been known to sing the Veggie Tales theme.

38. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
A bewitched and deadly china doll.

39. What's in your pockets right now?
Nada.

40.what's on your bedroom walls?
A tiny print of a couple smooching in Paris, a wild poster of Pele (the Hawaiian goddess of fire, that is) and an original painting of an earth spirit by my friend Ahna Jotter.

41. Last thing that made you laugh?
Reading Brian’s responses to this survey.

42. Best bed sheets you had as a child?
My Lion King set, of course.

43. Do you like your teeth?
After all the money and work that’s gone into them? Hell, yes.

44. Worst injury you've ever had?
The time I tore off my big toenail. Completely. Using my teeth. Maybe it just seems worse because I was three, but that stands out to me.

45. What are your dreams like?
Waaaay too real for comfort. That one where I had to defeat Hannibal the Cannibal three times in one night was just… gross, really.

46. How many TV's do you have in your house?
One, but there’s no cable, just a DVD and VCR setup.

47. Who is the loudest friend?
I don’t have loud friends. I don’t hang well with consistently loud people.

48. Who is the silent friend?
Ben.

49. What song do you want played at your wedding?
Uhm… I think Alice is going to sing “How Deep is the Ocean.” Probably.

50. What song do you want played at your funeral?
“The Trapeze Swinger,” by Iron and Wine.

51. red wine or white?
I don’t drink wine, but in my vast experience SNIFFING wine, red wine smells infinitely better.

52. France or Italy?
Italy. Their food is better and their men are the sexiest alive.

53. Favorite roast meat?
Chicken.

54. Holiday destination?
I plan to work through the holidays. Again. Ah, holiday pay. Woo hoo.

55. Real fires or central heating?
Heater. Most wood makes my nose feel funny. Although now that there’s a metal post in my nose, who cares?

3 Comments:

At 10/27/2005 7:37 PM, Blogger Brian LePort said...

Doesn't it feel damn good hating George W. Bush? Anyways, I bought Lamott's book Traveling Mercies for you and I will probably send it off tomorrow so look for a Halloween gift early next week. And now that I see you hate for W. I want to buy you her second book, Plan B, as well since she talks alot about hating W. Damn W. Damn Republicans. Damn, damn, damn!

 
At 10/27/2005 7:54 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Damn them all! No, well, not all, but if half of them thought about what they truly believe about how to treat other people, they'd most likely head over to some other party. Most likely. Anyway, I'm very excited about reading "Traveling Mercies." Thank you!

 
At 10/27/2005 11:00 PM, Blogger Brian LePort said...

Sweet, I will send it off tomorrow. Next time you get a chance to go "book shopping" pick up her other book on faith (She has written several books on other topics other than faith.) called "Plan B". Also, pick up Jim Wallis' "God's Politics: Why the Right Gets It Wrong and the Left Doesn't Get It".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home