Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Interesting...



So most of you know that tech director (TD) Mike (who actually is more of a production manager.... I suppose...) called My Fair Lady, the first show I worked on. He then called Blood Wedding, the second show I worked on. Then he called all the other shows I worked.... until Alice in Wonderland. For Alice, I took my light cues on my own when our SM (stage manager) wasn't there. That was the first step...

Now I'm stage managing (thus calling) The Melody Lingers On, and I'm going to be stage managing Agnes of God next. That's not really surprising, except for the fact that the director asked me to SM as a favor to her, whereas I asked Richard to let me SM Melody as a favor to me. I didn't realize at the time that he was getting the better end of the deal.

This is the point, though:
Today we assembled a crew: the twins and Alice. I talked to Mike and suggested that Kevin run lights, Ben run sound, Alice take care of the stage, and I'd call the show.

That leaves no jobs for TD Mike. He's not even going to be in the booth if things go according to plan. He'll be sitting either in the house or in the lobby. The show will be my responsibility...

I wouldn't try it if I didn't have such a solid crew. The twins and Alice.... I'm not the least bit concerned. I know they'll handle it perfectly. Oh, and this is amusing: there are more techies than cast members. Three of them, four of us. Muwahaha....

And we techies are all actors. Ah, I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home