Saturday, December 20, 2003

Shhh....

There's this eerie silence... All I can hear is the keys on my keyboard clicking and my computer's comforting whir. My aunt and my cat are both asleep. No one's calling me. No one's online. There's no one I want to call. No one I want to talk to. Here in this silence I can pretend that everything I dreamed last night was true. That one person did come home. The other one did call me. Another one did hug me tightly. She really did understand. He did offer to listen. She got her way. All the things I wanted came true, and then I woke up. I've never had a night of dreams like those. Shhh... maybe it wasn't a dream... if no one calls, if no one comes online, if my aunt continues to sleep gently and my cat doesn't come around the corner, time is in a no-passing zone. It could be any season. Why should it be almost Christmas? Aw, it isn't. If you don't open the blinds and don't turn on the heat, it's a chilly day in spring. Don't turn on your music, not now. It holds too much truth about who you are and what you aren't. Just breathe and burn the dreams onto your memory. Make them almost as real as experience. Maybe then it won't hurt so badly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home