Friday, December 19, 2003

If You Want to Know

This morning I went to Justin's dance final and saw his group (I'm not quite sure if that was all of them, though) perform for the class. That was just great fun. I suppose it's fun to watch people have fun, and they certainly looked like they were having fun. Although.... once in a while I would catch Justin laughing like he does when he's sorry things aren't going better, but he's not going to trip about it... I wouldn't have noticed, not having the eye I ought, but that tipped me off.

Oh, and he wore this hat that with the bandanna... Well, you just had to be there. It was great.

Finally got the last of my work done, and I am so completely looking forward to next semester. I'm taking nine units of drama and I refuse to touch anything else with a ten-foot pole. This is the last semester I have to be entirely selfish. After this, I'm off to American River to get my degree in American Sign Language Interpreting. I'm going to be the top of my class in every class.

I AM.

So you see, this semester won't be work, not really. I mean, I work harder at drama than I do at anything else, but it doesn't feel like work. Even lugging the laptop and projector (yeah, I know I had help) down the stairs for Alice didn't feel like work. It was what I wanted to be doing. I wouldn't have been anywhere else. Running around checking props, helping Jenni learn how to stage manage, making sure Rossi had everything he needed.... None of it felt like work. I was there early every night. I did everything they'd let me do.

I know I can't be a drama major. I know that. After this semester, I probably won't touch drama for years to come. This semester, though, I'm going to drown myself in it. Do you know what it is to have a passion that won't be silenced? Do you know what it is to be driven from the very core of your being? Do you know what it is to feel completely at ease in a place? Do you know what it is to let fear drop away and stand, vulnerable, with nothing but your faith, hope, and innocence to hold you up?

If you don't, find a place where you can. It's the scariest, best feeling in the world, and you cannot be complete without it.

Oh, and uh, let me know what you think of the new font. Keep it? Ditch it? Any better suggestions? Let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home