Tuesday, December 30, 2003

"I've been dealt a blow, Jane..."

And so I have. My hands are shaking, my head is spinning, my stomach hurts so badly....
And it's all nonsense. It was true before it was said. It was real before it was discovered, but that doesn't make it any easier for me to shift my reality. It shouldn't hurt like this! It shouldn't feel like I've been smacked! It shouldn't feel like I've been publicly humiliated when not one word was even spoken to me...

I don't know what is possessing me to write this HERE of all places.

Bah. I've got some poetry to write.

"You never felt jealousy, did you, Miss Eyre? Of course not: I need not ask you; because you never felt love. You have both sentiments yet to experience: your soul sleeps; the shock is yet to be given which shall waken it."

--Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home