So today Peter got my guitar out and started playing it. Urg. It needed to be tuned, which he did by ear. He's one of those people who doesn't hear a word anyone says when he's concentrating, so I'm sitting there trying to tell him that the strings are dead, and he just trudges on. He got it sounding okay, so he sat and played it for a while. When I finally got the thing back, I tuned it some more, and I'm pleased to report that it's playable. Might mean a little more if I knew how to play the thing, but yeah, that's okay. I might as well chop off the nails on my left hand and get to work practicing. Stagecraft ruins them anyway, and it's not like I'm working a whole lot. God, I've got to get some more hours next semester before I forget how to sign my name. :-P
Happy birthday to Jason and Mike, btw. *grins*
I would post something about Jason and Alice and that whole side of my life, but you know what? I wouldn't know what to say except ... maybe.... perfectly incredibly fun? It's just simple stuff, but I love it. I've always loved just hanging around talking to people, silly as that may seem to some of you extreme extroverts. I'm allowed to just BE, and it feels like I've been given a gift, almost. Okay, so I kind of know what to say about it. *shrugs*
Jason and I have managed to get J.E.W. stuck in our heads, so here, take some for the road.
"For Me This Is Heaven," Jimmy Eat World
The first star I see may not be a star
We can't do a thing but wait
So let's wait for one more
The time such clumsy time in deciding if it's time
I'm careful but not sure how it goes
You can loose yourself in your courage
When the time we have now ends
Is when the big hand goes round again
Can you still feel the butterflies?
Can you still hear the last goodnight?
The mindless comfort grows when I'm alone with my 'great' plans
This is what she says gets her through it
"If I don't let myself be happy now then when?"
If not now when?
When the time we have now ends
Is when the big hand goes round again
Can you still feel the butterflies?
Can you still hear the last goodnight?
I close my eyes and believe wherever you are, an angel for
When the time we have now ends
Is when the big hand goes round again
Can you still feel the butterflies?
Can you still hear the last goodnight?
Close my eyes and believe wherever you are, an angel for me


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home