Friday, November 07, 2003

Alice ... Urg

"Two words, Em:" he said, "children's theater."

And I just keep telling myself that. Okay, so the lighting is pretty fun, the growing table, when it works, is not bad, the mushroom looks awfully magic to ME, the cards look like ... cards....
But on the whole, it's only amusing the way someone running into a wall is amusing. Some of the acting is really fun to watch (yes, I mean you, my friends), but some of it would be downright painful if I had any strings attached to the performances themselves. Even Rossi finds the experience painful. He came down to the stage when Mike, Justin and I were puttering around and said things like "And (so and so) is the stage manager!" *whimper*
The girl who's supposed to be calling the show couldn't even be there last night. In retrospect, that's probably a good thing, because last night would've only served to confuse her even more. I'm running out of calm words and sage advice, so I don't want her confused.
So with the lights and the costumes, it's either finally coming together, or it looks like something out of a nightmare I've forgotten I had. I don't know which yet.
Come see the show. You might laugh, you might cry... And hey, isn't that what theater is all about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home