Wednesday, July 30, 2003

You know, the crickets outside shouldn't bother me, because that means the cars aren't driving by beneath my window. But they kind of do. Once I'm asleep, they don't wake me up or anything, but they make enough noise to make falling asleep difficult. It's funny, but traffic sounds don't really keep me awake. I remember waking up in the middle of the ... morning, I suppose ... when I was in Boston at the university and thinking I heard surf. It took me a minute to realize it was traffic. The traffic there sounds pleasant, you guys, and it took me another minute to realize it was because there weren't any trucks. Imagine. Traffic with no huge lumbering trucks, just soft little cars! It's wonderful.
That said, I sort of wish I couldn't hear the crickets. With all the hills, fields, bushes, trees, and flowers in Napa, why are they in the middle of downtown? I don't know, either. Maybe if I try and count the chirps from that loud one, I'll fall asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home