Angry Emma
I suppose confession truly is good for the soul. However, the code of Ahimsa, which I strive to honor, prevents me from saying things that would be harmful. On the other hand, if I don't vent about this, I may end up thinking harmful thoughts for another week. Therefore, in the least harmful way possible, I will describe my current frustration.
Ben's car broke down. Not his fault. We are currently a one-car unit. Not his fault.
However.
Leaving his broken car at the mechanics for three weeks...
Not putting gas in our shared vehicle...
Sometimes taking the car and not telling me where he is when I need the car...
I'm getting very angry. I don't want to have to get another car or anything, but this transition period is pushing my limits.
The other thing is that he's gone 60 hours a week between work and school. He's tired. He's busy. I'm feeling alone. These rough patches are no fun.
See, I feel better already.


2 Comments:
Rough patches are never fun, but don't be afraid to confront him and say, "hey, I don't think communication is happening here. Can we talk about this before I rip my hair out with frustration." That's part of marriage too. And with only one car... you've got to communicate 'cause you never know when an emergency might happen.
Just be very careful not to be angry when you talk. For some reason, guys get defensive when you yell at them. Not that I'd have any experience with that. *whistles innocently* :D
*laughs* Thanks, T. That's the next step. It's that, or he's sleeping on the couch, so I think a little calm communication would be his preference.
Post a Comment
<< Home