Monday, August 21, 2006

Beowulf




We're reading Beowulf in Brit Lit. Anyone else read this version? What did you think?

3 Comments:

At 8/27/2006 11:08 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

I read it, but I can't remember much about it, although I am sure there were some corrupt white males in it somewhere. I have one word for you - Tejada.

 
At 8/28/2006 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah. Lots of corrupt white males, corrupt white males running all over the place. 'Course, there was even a corrupt woman. :o) Anyway, is that the version we read, Em? I thought it was just a copy that Rich had.

 
At 8/28/2006 10:25 AM, Blogger Emma said...

That is the version that we read. It's the only one ever to have been translated as poetry rather than prose, which is why Rich was so glad that they had included it in the Norton. He mentioned it when he talked about how boring the past versions have been.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home