Happy Birthday, Bethany!
There's an Alfonse Mucha painting of a gorgeous, curvy, rapunzel-haired brunette hanging on my wall, and it's there for one sole reason: it reminds me of Bethy.Bethany is quite possibly one of the very few people whom I can directly credit for preserving my sanity. She was my closest friend during the hardest times in my life. She endured my moods and mania year after year without complaint. She was my muse when I was discovering my passion for writing. She was my comfort when I trusted no one else I knew. She was the one I could always count on to pray for me, and still can. She re-introduced me to children. She taught me to trust that God wouldn't give me a gift and not use that talent. She taught me that God was okay with me being slightly off-center. *laughs* She even hinted that He might have created me that way. She was the one who would engage in lightsaber duels with me. She always told me how gorgeous I was, and she meant it. She taught me that no one should live without frequent hugs.
Today she's nineteen, and a beautiful nineteen she is. She maintains her grace through the hardships she's enduring. She is truly a lady, and it is my honor to claim her as one of my dearest friends.
Happy birthday, Bethy!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home