Some random thoughts:
When I leave the house without my cell phone and return to find that no one has called in my absence, I feel the half-guilty pleasure of the child who sneaked out of the house and returned without anyone noticing. Hee.
I was walking through a parking lot today and ... I don't know, but I got a funny feeling like ...
Okay, so I completely look like I'm "supposed" to, right? Uncut hair, long dresses, modest shirts, no makeup, the works. From head to toe. And I do it from my heart, because I believe this is what God wants from me. However, I sometimes find that I've let the outside appearance take my focus off the reality: my relationship with God. No matter how effortlessly I look the look, if I don't walk it... It's hollow and empty. Don't know why I'm throwing this out here, except that confession is good for the soul.
One more thing. I'm interpreting for an art class, and about three and a half of the four hours are spent sitting. Doing nothing. Talking with Nicole, my team interpreter. The art teacher said for Nicole and me to bring our art supplies and he'd teach us how to draw. Well, my art supplies have become kind of ragged, and I needed vine charcoal, so I went down to the art supply place near Round Table Pizza and refurbished my collection. I then threw the whole mess into a blue box my aunt gave me and sat cheerfully organizing them... Until I realized that I felt like a child pretending to be an artist. It's funny, but I've never felt like I was pretending to be an interpreter, or pretending to be a writer, but I have felt like I was pretending to be a Sunday School teacher, or pretending to be an artist. Odd. When you exert talents in areas you're not "called" to work in, you really shouldn't feel beyond yourself as long as you do have talent. *shrugs* Comments?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home